Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 07-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
somethingfunny

somethingfunny is on a distinguished road
cattle dog hates outdoors

I have a 8/9 week puppy, he is an Australian Cattle dog, and I have had him for 3 weeks, he is very intelligent, I understand he is just a baby, but I take him out at least every 45 minutes, and he understands that when I put him on the grass he is supposed to go to the bathroom. I use the cue "go pee" and he knows it. But I have to physically pick him up and take him outside. I can throw his toys outside and he will just sit there and fight with me to go outside. I spend alot of time in my yard and I want him to enjoy it with me. He doesn't want to go on a walk, i have to pick him up and carry him outside and place him on the sidewalk. The whole time he is trying to go back to the house. He is very high strung so walking him is very important part of keeping him from chewing and biting. I have brought him in the back yard and played with him for hours, as soon as we break from playing he will go sit at the back door. I thought it was food and water so I brought both of them outside, didn't work! Eventually he will lay down in the grass when he finally realizes that I am not going to open the door, but if I make any move what so ever he will run to the door. He was outside on a ranch and he spent the majority of his short life outside. I don't get it, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Adam

somethingfunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links