Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 07-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
vonissk
DD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

vonissk is on a distinguished road

I think your shepherd mix ix very unique looking and of course I can see the shepherd real well in the ears and nose!!!!!!

U-CH PTD Auggie vom Texomaland OFA Good
U-CH Marybecks Mauli Ishto von Issk OFA Good/Normal
www.vonisskshepherds.com

vonissk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #12
nz_shepherd

nz_shepherd is on a distinguished road

here is a female shepherd/husky cross.I met her at a local dog grooming place.She had such a lovely soft coat too.
http://www.samoyeds.tk/shepherd_husky.jpg

nz_shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
sashasdaddy

sashasdaddy is on a distinguished road

Hi all! Im new to the forums and i have to say all of yoy have beautiful dogs!! I just got my first gsd a few weeks ago and she is my little angel! She is 8 weeks old and were having "fun" potty training lol. But she gets along great with our son and mini schnauser. Ive never had a large breeed dog so im adjusting but soo happy to do so for her.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130301_161736.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	4543   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130301_161750.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	4544  
sashasdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
Hawaiian_Handler

Hawaiian_Handler is on a distinguished road

Me!!! My little girl named Marley just about four months old and HUGE haha. Getting her a brother in about nine months too 💗. Love my gsd

Hawaiian_Handler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #15
PatriciafromCO

PatriciafromCO is on a distinguished road

Love the breed after 20 years with my heart group of GSD's I couldn't even think looking for GSD's to ever feel the same... I love so dearly what they all taught me and for the dogs they have help to let go of being dog/dog reactive...

Ra and Faye 14 are still with me... geesh there are times in life you don't think you can catch your breath for life passing by too fast.

can never say enough about this breed...

PatriciafromCO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
vonissk
DD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Patricia you've been holding out on me~I didn't knowe you had all those guys. Do you breed or compete with them? Would like to hear more about them.........

www.vonisskshepherds.com

Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #17
PatriciafromCO

Thanks Von, was trying to figure out what to say without long winded Babbling have worked in all aspects of the breed, learned as much as I could from my peers. and seen first hand there is nothing this breed doesn't bring to the table by birth to work with and expand upon. They are at their best when their owner trust in them, believes in them and acknowledges them as a valuable team member.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #18
vonissk
DD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

I love rambling and babbling about our great breed. LOL.hey cause I'm nosey are those American showlines? I don't know what you have read or know but my dogs are the mutts of the GSD world--American, German WL, and old DDR blood. And it works. The lines are from my mentor--over 30 yrs--the dogs I have here at this time are generations and all related. My little Ch girl--the one in the avatar, Mauli, and I are taking a trip in the fall to breed her to a really really nice Czech dog--in 30 yrs in the breed I have only bred about 6 litters and this will be my foundation breeding for my lines. I think the Czech is going to bring in a nice spark and the bone and clearheadedness I feel like I can improve upon. These lines are generally super super duper smart--self thinking--I think a lot of that has been lost. Anyway, I'll quit rambling and tell you I love your guys--they make such a nice pack, or family......LOL........all the nice blk/tans--my mentor keeps telling me she wants me to bring some color in but I'm a black and sable type gal..............I love the middle pic where the older male in the back is just patiently waiting. My boy does that too.............

www.vonisskshepherds.com

Old 07-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #19
PatriciafromCO

awesome beautiful head on you avatar girl !!!... Look forward to hearing how your pups do.. Have worked with some Czech lines right off the plane.. Am ex military k9 handler for 13 years, my DH is retired 22 years in the dogs, still working in the field Kennel master for the explosive dogs overseas. Local law enforcement often bought right off the plane from a broker.. One of my favorite moments was being asked to set up a demo for air scenting for these guys and their new 20k dogs... I thought long and hard and decided I would bring "Trep" one of my mentors 11wk old pups who I had made my personal daily helper doing dog chores at 6wks old since he was the runt in the litter and constantly being terrorized by his litter mates.. The looks on their faces when I showed up with this little pup completely off lead, on perfect heel no matter where I went or did... Trep was just so awesome,, not afraid of their dogs he was so so confident alert.. when I moved Trep moved when I stopped to talk, Trep sat or laid down if I was there for awhile.. I had never exposed Trep to air scenting and that is the reason I used him... Trep did awesome my DH Held Trep watching me take off into a field then turned him around and with out help Trep wanted to find me, and he did exactly by the book what you would expect working the scent and working a perfect pattern to find the scent then driving straight and true in scent, even though he was engulfed and visually blind with the height of the brush.. DH said it was amazing to watch him.. He left an impression on everyone that day ... Trep went on to find the perfect family at 2 years old when a family came to my mentors looking for a female and saw Trep and knew they wanted him ... Later in his life he defended his family from an intruder in their home attacking him full force as he came in the front door when everyone was sleeping.. so very proud of him... never discount a runt lol... they have the biggest hearts to those who believe in them..

my favorite years of my life is working at my mentors kennels with all her dogs and once or twice a year spending 9 weeks totally devoted to getting her pups ready for their new homes... then spending the year doing home visits with the families seeing how they were getting along..

The middle is part of a training session I was doing for two new seniors I took in.. They had been kennel dogs all their lives their owner got cancer and I took them in.. They had been in my home a while settling in to a safe environment separated and doing one on one training with me and were ready for the next step of melting into the rest of my group. Will always say dogs know what they need and letting them choose their path instead of forcing one on them is just a better choice..

sebastion is the blur figuring out

sebastion in a short amount of time finding what was safe for him which was right behind me...

I truly so adored my family group for how easily they helped other dogs... and yes AM show/herding backgrounds... Spent a life time listening to so much negativity about them... that the curiosity got the best of me of lets see exactly what they can do if someone took the time to expose them ... Amazing that there was nothing they couldn't learn and do.... and plus more because they were intense but also so level headed..

lol that is babbling... heart felt to want everyone to know they can do anything and do it so exceptionally well

Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
PatriciafromCO

"J" the little more blacker one in the first picture was also new to us... Cat killer, wild child, spent puppyhood to 2 years old in a kennel.. An old competitor brought her in from Canada and then realized she was uncontrolable she couldn't even get her into a training center to work with her after 6 months of trying.. Called me and said she knew her behavior wouldn't bother me, and that I wouldn't hurt her for who she was... Gosh I love this little girl.. she was a hot mess very stuck in her own head, just because she didn't know any other reason or the value to not to be stuck in her own little world..... Took some time to reach her,, but never a moment she didin't want to be a part of us... from day one... I let her be wild,, and just over time she started to get it on her just being with us... And I gave her a job to be my helper...

my favorite picture of her on the deck watching over her flock of goslings...
[IMG][URL=http://s498.photobucket.com/user/PatriciafromCO/media/IMG_0197.jpg.html]

she is my heart, because when Penny said she needed me to take "J" being a hot mess, she worried no would spend the time with her or keep her safe... am glad Penny thought of me... What a gem of a GSD's always inside her...