Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 05-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
MyHank2013

MyHank2013 is on a distinguished road
Oral Cancer

Hi Everyone! I just registered and this is my first post. My Hank is a golden who just turned 2. A few weeks ago his breath got really foul. I kept checking his teeth but didn't see anything. I bought the cleaning kit but it didn't help. Two Saturdays ago I saw his cheek was puffy. I lifted his lip and his gum was swollen. Vet put him on anti-biotics for a week. They didn't really help. He referred me to a vet dentist. I really thought it was just a bad tooth. I made an appointment. In the days before I felt a lump on his neck, the same side. I convinced myself it was connected. I took him this Wednesday. Long story short, he doesn't like what sees and feels it may be oral cancer. IM BESIDE MYSELF!!!! Hank is my baby and has filled my heart completely. This is where the Internet is evil. I'm reading fatal outcomes. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I've stayed home from work because I've been an emotional mess. I can't lose him!!!!! I'm in complete devastation!!!!

MyHank2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2015, 07:44 AM   #2
Nostya

Nostya is on a distinguished road

I have lost a 6 years old bitch in the past because of cancer, the visible problem appeared suddenly and a few days later the bitch had passed away ... I have lost young dogs too later. It's always difficult, as if we lose a human being. But what is to be done ? Just let me send you some friendly feelings.

Nostya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
peternz

peternz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHank2013 View Post
Hi Everyone! I just registered and this is my first post. My Hank is a golden who just turned 2. A few weeks ago his breath got really foul. I kept checking his teeth but didn't see anything. I bought the cleaning kit but it didn't help. Two Saturdays ago I saw his cheek was puffy. I lifted his lip and his gum was swollen. Vet put him on anti-biotics for a week. They didn't really help. He referred me to a vet dentist. I really thought it was just a bad tooth. I made an appointment. In the days before I felt a lump on his neck, the same side. I convinced myself it was connected. I took him this Wednesday. Long story short, he doesn't like what sees and feels it may be oral cancer. IM BESIDE MYSELF!!!! Hank is my baby and has filled my heart completely. This is where the Internet is evil. I'm reading fatal outcomes. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I've stayed home from work because I've been an emotional mess. I can't lose him!!!!! I'm in complete devastation!!!!
Relax. Don't panic. It doesn't help at all. I just was at the Vet yesterday with a similar issue. It doesn't have to be Cancer. It is just one of the causes. My dog has a suspected Spider bite. Second on the list is a foreign object like a splinter from a bone or something. An xray should bring clearance. And maybe a biopsy.

Cheers

Peter

Sent from my LG-K220 using Tapatalk
peternz is online now   Reply With Quote