Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Redyre_Rotties

Redyre_Rotties is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering what methods you have used to try to work with Charlotte's resource guarding? There are a number of ways to deal with this sort of thing.

If this is something you are still working on with her, here are some links that may be helpful to you:

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/iss...n_20368-1.html

http://dogtrainer.quickanddirtytips....rding-dog.aspx

http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/RG.html

The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.

~Baltasar Gracian

Redyre_Rotties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
riobay

riobay is on a distinguished road

I have been using NILIF for a couple of months now, she does well with it, but she still attacks my pug at any given time. For example on Sunday she finished her supper and I put her bowl away like always. A minute or maybe less after that I let Marley the Pug inside ( I always separate them while eating) Charlotte bolted to Marley, grabbed her neck and started violently shaking her. The only way I can stop this when it happens is by squirting Charlotte with water. I have become very overwhelmed with her behavior. I will look at the links you shared as well, thank you very much.

riobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Redyre_Rotties

Redyre_Rotties is on a distinguished road

I would also be having Charlotte drag a catch line, about 4 feet long, when she is in the house with you. This way you can take control without having to resort to aversives like squirting her with water.

The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause.

~Baltasar Gracian

Redyre_Rotties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
AussieMom

AussieMom is on a distinguished road

I have 2 male Aussies. Tanner a 12 month old Red Merle and Titan a 10 week old Black Tri. We have had Titan for about 4 days and he is quite growly with other dogs and guards old bones like he will never be fed again. We are working on it, he is extremely smart. Knows his name, what a whistle means and sit. He loves to jump up and if you leave treats on the counter he knows. He tried to climb up a tool box to get to them! We are very proud of our little man!
Tanner our 12 month old has just passed his exam to be an emotional support dog, which i understand some people are against.
We love our boys very much and are sticking with the Aussie breed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3902484023.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	3509   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3192602164.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	3510  
AussieMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #15
puplove

puplove is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMom
I have 2 male Aussies. Tanner a 12 month old Red Merle and Titan a 10 week old Black Tri. We have had Titan for about 4 days and he is quite growly with other dogs and guards old bones like he will never be fed again. We are working on it, he is extremely smart. Knows his name, what a whistle means and sit. He loves to jump up and if you leave treats on the counter he knows. He tried to climb up a tool box to get to them! We are very proud of our little man!
Tanner our 12 month old has just passed his exam to be an emotional support dog, which i understand some people are against.
We love our boys very much and are sticking with the Aussie breed.
Your dogs are beautiful. Titan sounds like a typical Aussie, too smart for their own good lol.
puplove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #16
dogdragoness

dogdragoness is on a distinguished road

I am getting a mini aussie soon and I think that our current dog is an aussie mix of some kind.

dogdragoness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #17
Bentwings

Bentwings is on a distinguished road

Hi,
This is a pretty old thread that needs some new stuff.

Congrats on your new mini Aussie.! Frankly I have not even seen one but I have seen many pictures. How exciting!!

I'm new to Aussies but I have spent the last 9 months researching and gathering info on them.
I recently rescued an Aussie/Border Collie mix. 2 yr old female. Very active dog and a wonderful lady (teen ager)

See my thread in behavior for our "tests".

I'm not a pro trainer but I have had and worked with some big very high drive dogs. I can't stress enough how important socialization of your pup is. These Aussies be they full size or mini can have drives every bit as strong as 90 pound GSD....just in a smaller package. You will need to be several steps ahead of them. They are very intelligent dogs and can think for themselves.

The "heavy handed" training stuff used in the past just won't get it today. There are many new and much more effective ways to train dogs supported by modern research. I don't even own a chain, prong or ecollar. Just a few leashes that I make myself. It's very rewarding to have a well behaved dog that has boundless energy. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Hit the library and internet for information.

I had more but Samantha wants to go out. Nice how they train you. Haha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	5989  

Tron...GSD......Sch lll, Ad. AKC TD

Samantha..Australian Shepherd. Young dog in training.

Bentwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:01 AM   #18
bridget2641

bridget2641 is on a distinguished road
Dogs Need Place to space called Whelping Box

Places can be many for dogs stay.
But if you want to really give a comfort to your dogs then just go for best size whelping box as per your dogs need.
Dogs are like humans.
They also need their homes known as whelping box.
if your are True Dog Lover you should provide a cool place called Whelping Box

Puppies are best friends of any human. Keeping puppies at home gives you a positive hope. Playing with puppies gives you a relaxing in your life. we need to take care of puppies while providing them best facilities for their health. The whelping box is the disease resistant place where puppies look great at your home. Whelping box price is also affordable.

Last edited by bridget2641; 08-05-2017 at 01:20 AM.
bridget2641 is online now   Reply With Quote