Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
GSP4619

GSP4619 is on a distinguished road

I was looking around and researching and came up with nothing LOL. Let me know how you make out.

GSP4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
maura

maura is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to maura
Red face

I Googled And Msn Searched And Ask.com And Came Up With Nothing. I Know Those Are The Names I Seen Them On The Akc Papers. How Can You Not Have A Picture Of Your Dog Somewhere On Line Is How I See It But As Of Yesturday And Searching For So Long I Couldnt Read Or See Anything But Thank You So Much For You R Help!! I Way Appreciate It. Have A Great Afternoon And Tryand Stay Out Of This Heat!

maura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
GSP4619

Ok here is the advice my friend gave who is a breeder LOL. Don't know if this will help.

Firstly, Santyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hugs
Okay she would have to contact the kennel names on her papers but shes must
be aware that not all kennels are willing to give out info to a newbie, if
she sticks at it she will get some answers to her questions.
She could also research on the net by typing a kennel name on google and
seeing what results come up, it would give her info on kennel website's
etc...
Other than that i dont really know, hope this is of some help for your
friend.

Anyway how are you< Danny & Ava, hope you are all well. Ive not been around
chat much, been a lil hetic here.
Hugssssssss
Tracy

Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #14
maura

Cool

ok the deal is i dont know if it is a kennel i think she just breed out of her house. i dont even know that....i guess i am just going to have to wait until i get the papers. but thanks for all you time in helping

Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #15
GSP4619

ok no problem

Old 06-27-2006, 08:49 AM   #16
DiggityDogs

DiggityDogs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DiggityDogs

Maura,
If the original breeder shows her dogs, and possibly even if she doesn't, she will still have a kennel name. Most dog breeders do, and the kennel name usually goes in front of the dog's name on the papers. For example, if the kennel were called 'clarks farm' and they bred border collies, (totally hypothetical here) then they would register their dogs as something like 'Clark's marvelous maximus' or 'CF's Princess Bella'. A good breeder usually wants their name on a dog they produce so everyone knows how to find out where it came from. If they are a champion, then the name will read 'CH Clark's Marvelous Maximus' or 'CH CF's Princess Bella'. They can list it however they want, with the exception of the ch part. That part always has to be at the first of the name and unless that's there, I would be suspicious about the 'champion pedigree'. Pretty much any registered full bred AKC dog could potentially have a CH somewhere on the pedigree a few generations back. Most good breeders will not breed their dogs unless they have their CH, so all three generations (or 5) will often ALL have CH's. Also, the original breeder's name and address will be on his registration papers, so when you do get those you can attempt to contact her and see if she can help you at all. The CH's are the ones that you'll find the most information on as they have been shown and there will be a record of their wins with the AKC, and depending on how long ago these wins are they could still be posted on the AKC's web site. Once you have his registration number and papers you'll be able to find out a lot more. Make sure the previous owner actually signs the transfer on the back of the papers so you can send them in to have his registration changed to your name. Otherwise, those papers are worthless to you except for the knowledge you get from the pedigree.

DiggityDogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #17
maura

Red face

wow thank you ! max is jsut our pal now to have great pedigree and all that good stuff is always a bonus. i signed the akc papers but was so excited i didnt take the time to write everything down besides his parents names. my first bulldog was stolen and i was so excited that anyone would help me get a 2nd was just an answer to prayer. he is in great shape avccording to my vet. and the lady i got him from said he has a 1 year health cert. but who knows how that works cuz no one knows where she is. i showed dogs when i was a kid but never one the level most of youa re on. i would love to learn how to even get him inthe ring but i am such an amatuer on all of this. i am jsut kind of intimadated to be honest. but according to akc specifics on bullies and he is matchingup to all they say a good dog should be. hopefully pay check willing i will have him paid off by august. =) lots of overtime this week. any who thanks for al your help and didnt mean to ramble hahah
maura=)