Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 05-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
lucylena

lucylena is on a distinguished road
English bulldog eye issues

My 2 year old English bulldog has the extra eyelashes on the inside of her eyelid, the vet wants to do surgery but we live in Kuwait so our only option is them cutting a section of the eyelid out :/ they gave us some meds and a lubricant that works wonders and has basically solved the issue all together but the vet still wants the surgery, not only that she wants to do each eye at a different time which means miss Lucy being put under twice.
What would you do? We can afford to do either way- but we don't want to put her through more than need be.
Thanks for any suggestions

lucylena is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
LynneMarie

LynneMarie is on a distinguished road

Can you post pictures? If she is not suffering I would not do anything but continue with the meds. If the extra lashes are on the bottom eye lid. You may cause more problems with surgery if the tear duct is involved.

LynneMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
lucylena

It's hard to see them especially in pics since they are so small. They are on the upper eye lids and even before she was diagnosed she lived with it for 2 years...and she hasn't yet scratched her cornea..that's the biggest fear. On the meds she doesn't have weeping eyes or anything, off of them she is in constant irritation.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
LynneMarie

LynneMarie is on a distinguished road

If she were my dog, I would wait until it was necessary..ie painful or irritating to her.

LynneMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
lucylena

That's what we're thinking...in the USA she could have outdone with lasers or freeze them off but unfortunately they just dont offer it here...

Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
kaythebird

kaythebird is on a distinguished road

I have had Willy, my English Bulldog, for a month and he is now 3 months old. I live in Italy and the vet here told me the same thing, that cosmetic surgery is the only answer if it starts to bother him as he grows (which commonly happens). I am assured that this is the only way to cure this common Bulldog defect

kaythebird is online now   Reply With Quote