Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 06-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
maura

maura is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to maura
Help With Enlgih Bulldog Potty Training!

We Have A English Bulldog Puppy About 3 Months Old Now. He Does Great At Night But Seems To Save A Little Urine After We Have Taken Him Out To Go Pee Inside. He Saves It All Night And I Need Help With This. I Know He Is Just A Little Guy And Does Great But I Am Jsut Wondering What I Can Do Be Doing Better To Make It Easier On Him And Us. If Anyone Can Help And Has Had Experience With This Please Let Me Know +0 Thanks :d

maura is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura
We Have A English Bulldog Puppy About 3 Months Old Now. He Does Great At Night But Seems To Save A Little Urine After We Have Taken Him Out To Go Pee Inside. He Saves It All Night And I Need Help With This. I Know He Is Just A Little Guy And Does Great But I Am Jsut Wondering What I Can Do Be Doing Better To Make It Easier On Him And Us. If Anyone Can Help And Has Had Experience With This Please Let Me Know +0 Thanks :d

When you take him oput go with him. Make sure he has ample time to go and let him sniff around until he goes more than one time., You are most likely just bringing him in before he is quite finished. Going one time after not going all night isn't enough. Also make sure to take him out frequently, after eating, drinking. playing or nappeing. Try to set up a scheduel for hi, ; that will make the training easier.

Praise and or rewars him for going outside

When you can't watch him indors crate hiom to avoid accidents.

here is a post I put up on training and socializing pups which you may find useful

Post some pictures of your puppy ASAP
Patch O' Pits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
Nixx

Nixx is on a distinguished road

.....deleted

Last edited by Nixx; 07-09-2006 at 05:31 AM.
Nixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
maura

maura is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to maura
Talking

Wow Hre It Is A Bout 3 Weks Or Since Since I Posted The Thread. We Made Going Potty Outside Fun And Let Him Take His Sweet Time. Which Was Alwasy Fun About 6 When The Sprinklers Are Running =) . The Great News Is We Got It Down Pat Now. He Even Brings The Leash To Us When He Needs To Go. And When We Do Have To Leave Him He Holds It. We Are So Proud That He Got It So Fast. When We Oopen The Door He Is Dancing To Greet Us And Cuz He's Gotta Go Now. I Think The Thing That Helped Us The Most Is We Made It Fun A Nd Gavve Him All The Time He Needed. Not To The Point Where He Was Running Us We Kept Control But Where He Could Smell The Tress Etc. Thanks Thou Everyone For All Your Help With It ! And Most Important We Are Proud Of Max For Getting It Down Pat In Such A Small Amount Of Time.

maura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
Courtney&Henry

Courtney&Henry is on a distinguished road

Maura. From the posts I have ready about your puppy it sounds like he is really mellow, well adjusted, and has a great temperment! I have always wanted an English Bulldog and now I want one even more! Not quite ready for another dog though. Did you get him from a breeder?

Courtney&Henry is online now   Reply With Quote