Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 08-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #1
Emily03

Emily03 is on a distinguished road
Scared of traffic and chews

Hey guys!

So I'm thinking about adopting a dog who was found on the side of the road. The shelter named him Chino and he looks to be a Shepard-husky cross; he is estimated to be about a year and a half old. I've been to the shelter many times to visit him and have noticed that he has a few behavioural problems.

First of all, Chino is terrified of traffic. I've taken him for a couple of walks and every time a vehicle drives past he will just lay down and refuse to move. The past couple times I've walked him have been particularly bad as he will hardly walk at all because he is so scared, even if there are no visible cars. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to help with this and make him more comfortable.

Also, I've noticed at the shelter Chino has a really bad habit of ripping his blankets to shreds. I've talked to the people at the shelter about it and they said they think it's an attention thing more than anything; I've only noticed him doing it when people are playing with the other dogs so this may be true. However, I am worried that if left attended at home, he would chew on things such as furniture, pillows, etc. I know a dog will most likely act differently in a home then at a shelter, but this is a serious concern for me and I was hoping someone could share some tips on preventing him from chewing.

Thanks is advance!

Emily03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
adopting, chewing, large dogs, scared of cars