Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 12-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
lnphil0

lnphil0 is on a distinguished road
Trixsyn for arthritis?

Has anyone heard of or used Trixsyn for their arthritic dog? My vet recommended it for my 6 year old Shepherd/Lab mix who has been having a hard time getting up (especially when it's cold outside). She said it was all-natural and helped to lubricate joints. Any feedback would be helpful.

lnphil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
IsaacAsimov

IsaacAsimov is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure. Is that a medication or a cream? I've heard that things like icyhot and osmofelx is good for dog arthritis but i haven't tried it. My dads dog im pretty sure has arthritis.

IsaacAsimov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
lnphil0

lnphil0 is on a distinguished road

It's an oral supplement. I've never heard of using icyhot on an animal, seems like it would be irritating to the skin (it is for me!) and I worry that they would lick it off.

lnphil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
StarfishSaving
DD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

StarfishSaving is on a distinguished road

I have no experience with Trixsyn, sorry, I would have to do some research. I use Rimadyl on the really bad days but try to avoid it if possible for my Sally. I use glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, fish oil and Vitamin E. There is great dosing and management advice on www.dogaware.com; I will look there to see if she has reviewed Trixsyn as well.

-Crystal with CGCs: Sammy, George, Sally, Dover and Toby and foster Tricksy
Rescue owner, professional trainer, shelter consultant

Getting Started on the Forum (and how to post pics)
Forum Rules
StarfishSaving is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
IsaacAsimov

YOu can maybe try the osmofix cream. It suposed to work with dog arthritis
Dog Arthritis Pain Relief | How Can Osmoflex Help? | OSMOflex.com

Old 12-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #6
quincys

quincys is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to quincys Send a message via Skype™ to quincys

One of the things that work really well for arthritis is swimming. I dont know where you are based but if you google 'dog swimming' you can read up on what hydrotherapy does for dogs with arthritis.

The mix you have are both renowned for various problem - most commonly, HD, arthritis and CDRM. If you start the swimming, and keep it going for at least 5 weeks on twice a week you should see massive improvements.

I have a 3 legged newfoundland dog who has been swimming since his amputation which was at age 2. He is now approaching 12 and not on any medication. He swims generally once a week and has been since age 2.

If its too expensive or there just isn't any pools in your area, then maybe try the local lakes.

I have been a hydrotherapist for some 9 years.

Last edited by StarfishSaving; 12-26-2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Link removed. Advertising not allowed.
quincys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
IsaacAsimov

Yes. I keep hear that swimming exercises is good for dog arthritis. Nearly every time dog arthritis is brought up so is swimming techniques.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #8
petsupportsuit

petsupportsuit is on a distinguished road

We sell quite a few of our Support Suits to dogs with arthritis, and to amputee/three-legged dogs, to help them get outside or up/down stairs, as well as to pet owners who use the suit or Get-a-Grip harness on their animal during hydrotherapy.

petsupportsuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:15 AM   #9
perriejinnie

perriejinnie is on a distinguished road

Not sure about that medication term. If your dog is suffering from Arthritis then you should see a vet and follow the diet plan which he suggests for the dog. Also, don't buy any medicine for the dog without consulting the vet first.

perriejinnie is online now   Reply With Quote