Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 02-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Michele

Michele is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1987 View Post
Maybe not but i want my boys jeans to stay and we have the homes and i will take them back most of my mates have huskies and wants another one as they get board alone
sighs......do you think you can spell correctly first, before even thinking about breeding?

Wayne: I'm tired of seeing dogs PTS because of people just like you. They want to breed. Their dog is so special. Unless you are breeding to BETTER/PRESERVE a breed, you have no business breeding, period!

And again, if you have to come here and ask a question like the one you asked, you should not be breeding anything. Please leave the breeding to the professionals. Get a mentor and learn, learn, learn.

http://www.canine-chat.com/community/index.php
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Animal-Chat/451315031618064?ref=hl

Last edited by Michele; 02-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Michele is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #12
HannahVictoriaxo

HannahVictoriaxo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele

Again, I am going to ask these questions:

Why do you want to breed?
do you have homes lined up for ALL the puppies?
Will you take any puppy back that does not work out?
Do you have enough money, because it costs ALOT. If you think you will be making a profit, thing again, you won't.
How long have you had huskys? How long have you researched this breed?

If you have to come on a forum to ask questions, you should not be breeding. A pure husky is not rare. There are plenty of them out there.
I agree with the above. Those questions need careful consideration. Sadly, breeding two dogs isn't just putting them together and getting puppies. It's irresponsible. You need to get health checks done on both the parent dogs, you need toys, weaning food, money for inoculations before they go to their new homes. Worming and defleaing. What if the mother dog needs a caesarean? You could put the lives of the mother in danger as well as all the pups. Would you be willing to bottle feed a few if they aren't strong enough to suckle, or if the mother dog won't produce enough milk? You need to carefully think about all these things, it's irresponsible. Please think twice about breeding... There are so many dogs already in shelters needing loving homes at the moment. Leave the breeding to the professionals.
HannahVictoriaxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
wayne1987

wayne1987 is on a distinguished road

His my boy and his so good and kind i want him to carry on his line

wayne1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #14
wayne1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahVictoriaxo

I agree with the above. Those questions need careful consideration. Sadly, breeding two dogs isn't just putting them together and getting puppies. It's irresponsible. You need to get health checks done on both the parent dogs, you need toys, weaning food, money for inoculations before they go to their new homes. Worming and defleaing. What if the mother dog needs a caesarean? You could put the lives of the mother in danger as well as all the pups. Would you be willing to bottle feed a few if they aren't strong enough to suckle, or if the mother dog won't produce enough milk? You need to carefully think about all these things, it's irresponsible. Please think twice about breeding... There are so many dogs already in shelters needing loving homes at the moment. Leave the breeding to the professionals.
Your funny mate i aint a breeder my mate is and ive had a litter of german shepherds when i was younger we gave the last one the kiss of life im a professional dog handler not a person who wants cash i got mine at 5 weeks we said he was to early do u think i would die for my dogs before them getting hurt the person who is breeding him is a professional breeder i just want to know cos the she said after a phantom they can only have one season but i was seeing online to see if its safe for the mother to have a litter
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
wayne1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola2010
Well surely your mate ought to know as it is her dogs. Would it make any difference if we said yes?
No i was just seeing if its safe mate i dont want the dog to be ill
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #16
wayne1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee050589
This sounds to me like someone after some quick (non-existent) cash from jumping on the bandwagon of back yard breeding.
Lol my back yard breed thats what he aint sorry if i sound nasty but his has a family tree with hin 10 diff ancestors before him i do know what im talking about i dont want cash i want just his puppy dont money aint a option just the health of both dogs are my main concern
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
wayne1987

Sorry to all thinking i want cash ur wrong i had my boy given to me early coz of a professional breeder and ive kept him so close to me i would pay what ever amount of money on his pups money aint an option i would give them away to good homes if it was up to me but it aint my boy is gunna be the dad i aint even asking for cash for him to stud out cos he is only having one lot of pups and im going to have at-least one of them pups so i can keep him happy i would pay as much money as it takes to keep the pups healthy

Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #18
HannahVictoriaxo

HannahVictoriaxo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1987

Your funny mate i aint a breeder my mate is and ive had a litter of german shepherds when i was younger we gave the last one the kiss of life im a professional dog handler not a person who wants cash i got mine at 5 weeks we said he was to early do u think i would die for my dogs before them getting hurt the person who is breeding him is a professional breeder i just want to know cos the she said after a phantom they can only have one season but i was seeing online to see if its safe for the mother to have a litter
Please refrain from calling me "mate", mate.. Sorry if I came across "funny", it wasn't intentional, trust me. I never said you were doing it for the cash? It costs a lot to successfully breed and raise puppies, thats what i said. read it through again "mate". I think you're being a bit naive and if a 'breeder' gave me a puppy at 5 weeks, id not take the puppy. No respectable and reputable 'breeder' gives a puppy away before it's weaned. What you probably encountered was a backyard breeder.
If your mate is a proper breeder, they should know if a bitch can have a litter after a phantom, you shouldn't have to ask it on the Internet!

Do some more research. As people have said if you were really clued up on how to breed you wouldn't have to ask questions on a forum. Buy a book. Jeez.

Last edited by HannahVictoriaxo; 02-26-2013 at 09:15 AM.
HannahVictoriaxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #19
SamanthaWolf77

SamanthaWolf77 is on a distinguished road

Breeding dogs are serious business, you need alot of supplies and money, and you need to hire a vet. If you want to breed her, look online for things.

SamanthaWolf77 is online now   Reply With Quote