Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Walters-human

Walters-human is on a distinguished road
Walter is losing hair

On his front leg he's been losing hair. This happened a few months ago on his back legs, and I made a vet appointment but I had given him a bath and by the time the appointment came around all his fur had grown back so I cancelled. I gave him a bath yesterday and blow dried his coat because he's a long hair and I thought it miht have to do with his undercoat being moist, and the patch looks a lot better today. It's not flakey or red or anything.

Well, he has another spot, or rather a sore, that wasn't there yesterday. It's small bit it's red and raw and the skin around it is flakey. I have a vet appointment next week anyway to get his shots, rabies and hearthard/flea treatment so she'll look at it then.

However, I'm a bit behind on rent and my job sent me home for two weeks because the new client I'm working for is having a legal dispute. So I'm out half a paycheck. I'm not expecting solutions or anything, just venting about it. My finances have been crap since I took him to the emergancy vet last October and used my rent money to cover it. It was worth it. I just don't want to lose my apartment. It's cheap and I don't have to pay pet rent or pet deposits and there aren't many places like that.

Regardless, he's seeing the vet. I don't think it's serious but I'm sure it could spread and it's probably sore and painful for him.

Walters-human is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
LynneMarie

LynneMarie is on a distinguished road

I am guessing you have already been to the vet. It sounds like a hot spot to me. There are many ways to treat these if he continues to get them.

LynneMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Walters-human

Walters-human is on a distinguished road

It's just boredom chewing. I might take him in for an ointment to help heal some sores, though.

Walters-human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
LynneMarie

LynneMarie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walters-human View Post
It's just boredom chewing. I might take him in for an ointment to help heal some sores, though.
I have used gold bond medicated powder on surface sores like hot spots and lick granulomas. It helps dry them out.
LynneMarie is online now   Reply With Quote