Dog Forum  


Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
MhadDog
 
MhadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
MhadDog is on a distinguished road
Springer bike attatchment in action..videos

Hello all,

As i promissed,i got out and shot some short videos,with the help of Rebecca(my wife).

In the video you will see Kiara and myself run a mile.Because the camera was in the car,you wont hear any commands but you can see where she will move left and right with the bike and speed up when i tell her to"Lets Go GO"

Anyway,just thought some of you may be interested.The second video is shot as i am comming home and rebecca is waiting out of the car for us.

Normally,the pups wear booties when i run them,but i preran the road earlier and saw no broken glass or dangerous stuff...




MhadDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
SmoothCollieluver
 
SmoothCollieluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 942
SmoothCollieluver is on a distinguished road

I couldn't get the first one to work.

Tell your wife i love the credits...lol. The bike lol. Hysterical.

SmoothCollieluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #3
MhadDog
 
MhadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
MhadDog is on a distinguished road

Hey now,the credits were my idea! lol

!st one ought to work now...works for me..

MhadDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
SmoothCollieluver
 
SmoothCollieluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 942
SmoothCollieluver is on a distinguished road

Ok now I want to see ya do it with two dogs lol.

Do the dogs ever try to cut in front of the bike? She (it is a she right) looks more then eager to go. Do you do any pulling with your dogs?

SmoothCollieluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
MhadDog
 
MhadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
MhadDog is on a distinguished road

The pups learned right from the get go not to cut in front of the wheels.I added a longer tug line to my springer,and the one that comes in the kit is a bit shorter and doesnt allow for the dog to get in front.

She is actually pulling,but i help her a bit by pedaling some.At times when i am pedaling,i am not actually pushing the bike,but only pedaling to keep some kind of exersize thing going for myself..lol

I notice a big difference when i am alone...lol

i will hook the boy and girl up together when i can for video...and yes,the pup in the video is my girl Kiara.

MhadDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
StarfishSaving
DD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
StarfishSaving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Indiana, PA
Posts: 4,873
StarfishSaving is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MhadDog
The pups learned right from the get go not to cut in front of the wheels.I added a longer tug line to my springer,and the one that comes in the kit is a bit shorter and doesnt allow for the dog to get in front.
I inadvertently taught my dogs not to get in front of the bike- the hard way... Whoops!

Quote:
At times when i am pedaling,i am not actually pushing the bike,but only pedaling to keep some kind of exersize thing going for myself..lol
Hahahahaha!

btw, I loved the credits, too. That Schwinn is such a compelling, believable actor.
__________________

-Crystal with CGCs: Sammy, George, Sally, Dover and Toby and foster Tricksy
Rescue owner, professional trainer, shelter consultant


Getting Started on the Forum (and how to post pics)
Forum Rules
StarfishSaving is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #7
GSP4619
 
GSP4619's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 681
GSP4619 is on a distinguished road

Very good videoI Alot of GSP owners call it roading with their's to condition them for the next hunting season or field test. I have seen one it's a scooter and the dogs are hooked in the front like a sled LOL. The only thing with a hunting dog they see a animal or bird to point it's off the road you crashing threw brush I bet LOL.


It's so great you have a way to get you dog to have fun and plus you can enjoy it also.

Thanks for sharing

GSP4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
SiNNiK
 
SiNNiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 59
SiNNiK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MhadDog
Hello all,

As i promissed,i got out and shot some short videos,with the help of Rebecca(my wife).

In the video you will see Kiara and myself run a mile.Because the camera was in the car,you wont hear any commands but you can see where she will move left and right with the bike and speed up when i tell her to"Lets Go GO"

Anyway,just thought some of you may be interested.The second video is shot as i am comming home and rebecca is waiting out of the car for us.

Normally,the pups wear booties when i run them,but i preran the road earlier and saw no broken glass or dangerous stuff...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjlBoBQItbo


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoIEZNz9-TQ
is that your new bike in the vid?
SiNNiK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 AM   #9
Tori's mom
 
Tori's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 174
Tori's mom is on a distinguished road

Very nice! Seeing all your great pics and videos reminded me I need to start packing my camera around a bit more! I just love seeing how happy the dogs are when we bike with them, for once we are actually matching their natural pace!

Tori's mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:18 AM   #10
MhadDog
 
MhadDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 98
MhadDog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNNiK
is that your new bike in the vid?

That is my old road bike,,,i havnt adapted the springer(i have 2)to my trail bike yet...

I picked up a TREK at work from a guy who barely rode it...Not a scratch on it..I got it for less than half the price of new and it is only about 6 months old.Bike originally sold for 375-400 dollars new,so i couldnt pass it up when he said he would take my offer.Before that,i was using a hybrid bike for a bit of offroading.

I have 3 bikes now,and am thinkingh of getting a newer road bike for myself.

Last edited by MhadDog; 10-17-2006 at 02:54 AM.
MhadDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.