Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 01-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
abu2014

abu2014 is on a distinguished road
Any experience with lost pet locating products?

I know most people use microchips or traditional tags with phone numbers, but does that work well? Would you think a QR tag that can be scanned by any smartphone to reveal important information regarding the pet including owner’s contact info and simultaneously send a text message to the owner will be of value ? The product can also be used to reach the owner by using the website or by calling a toll-free number and used to organize file/document of the pet. We would love to hear about your opinion about this product and whether it will generate some extra value for certain groups of users.

abu2014 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2017, 10:06 PM   #2
perriejinnie

perriejinnie is on a distinguished road

The answer to your question lies in this article. Read it carefully and use the tips to locate your lost dog/pet. I hope you will find this article useful.

perriejinnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #3
lora55

lora55 is on a distinguished road

That is a quite informative question. Pet thefts are increasing in our area. It would be a great info if you provide details about such things.

lora55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:09 AM   #4
perriejinnie

perriejinnie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lora55 View Post
That is a quite informative question. Pet thefts are increasing in our area. It would be a great info if you provide details about such things.
It is happening in China, Japan, Korea and even in countries like India.
perriejinnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
stephy

stephy is on a distinguished road

I knew a few people who's lost pet were returned because they had a microchip.

stephy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
JeffandLucy

JeffandLucy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2014 View Post
I know most people use microchips or traditional tags with phone numbers, but does that work well? Would you think a QR tag that can be scanned by any smartphone to reveal important information regarding the pet including owner’s contact info and simultaneously send a text message to the owner will be of value ? The product can also be used to reach the owner by using the website or by calling a toll-free number and used to organize file/document of the pet. We would love to hear about your opinion about this product and whether it will generate some extra value for certain groups of users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JeffandLucy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 AM   #7
ParkourSharon

ParkourSharon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2014 View Post
I dunno, a gps dog tracker sounds more reliable, since it's better for the owner him/herself to be able to know where their dog is. Rather than wait for someone to contact them.
ParkourSharon is online now   Reply With Quote