Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 10-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
AshleighhWithBowie

AshleighhWithBowie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille
If you read my link, you would see that many white boxers are handicapped. Why breed a color that brings with it such defects?
Great point absolutely 👍
AshleighhWithBowie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
DinerosAunt

DinerosAunt is on a distinguished road

Well that's why I asked for opinions

DinerosAunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
vonissk
DD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

vonissk is on a distinguished road
When you came on here and asked about breeding them, then you definitely opened yourself up to opinions. I gav e you advice and asked you please please to not do it and then gave you things to think about. Obviously you have a very closed mind to proper advice. So go ahead and make more shelter and rescue fodder. There is basically nothing I can do except ask you to open your mind and listen to voices of reason. At least go do the research--you can go to www.akc.org and click on breeds--boxers--and then go to the parent club's site and READ by experts why they are DQ'd. But like so many newbies, you have a dying love for your dog and think the world would be more blessed with more carbon copies of THAT dog. I wish you the best but in the same token I can tell you that it is wrong and I only hope you find that out along the way................And NOT at the expense of your pet.................

U-CH PTD Auggie vom Texomaland OFA Good
U-CH Marybecks Mauli Ishto von Issk OFA Good/Normal
www.vonisskshepherds.com

vonissk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #14
vonissk
DD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

vonissk is on a distinguished road
I would also like to add that I have a breeding book and I was into it last night looking at something. In the back are different breeds and info on how easy they are to breed, whelp etc. For anyone's info most boxers HAVE to have a C section because of the size of the puppies' heads. So you might want to check into that and hopefully it will help you make a better decision.
BTW I wanted to apologize for the above post as I misunderstood something and I feel I came across a little harshly. And I didn't mean to be, I am just so passionate about this issue.

U-CH PTD Auggie vom Texomaland OFA Good
U-CH Marybecks Mauli Ishto von Issk OFA Good/Normal
www.vonisskshepherds.com

vonissk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #15
DogManDan

DogManDan is on a distinguished road

@lucille
good read on the article you posted, i didn't know that there are boxers and dalmatians too suffer from it

@Dinerastaunt
I hope you get the advice you are looking for, there are many veteran breeders here and that's why im here as well to find some advice

DogManDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #16
DinerosAunt

DinerosAunt is on a distinguished road

"Obviously you have a very closed mind to proper advice. So go ahead and make more shelter and rescue fodder."

When I asked the question on this thread I was asking for advice... I'm not closed minded at all, this info you are giving me is new. I don't have a clue about different breeds, that's why I asked the question.. The only thing I was aware of with white boxers was that their health risks where higher than normal boxers, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and becoming deaf. And km sure there's much more. And I know there aren't a ton of white boxers so I thought they were "rare". I recently bought a boxer puppy 2 months ago, and I bought it for my brother while he's at college because it's a dog that he's been wanting since we were kids... He wanted to breed the puppy when he got older, so I asked the question on the thread because I didn't know if it was even possible. Because little-educated-about-boxers I am I thought it was impossible just because he was a white boxer with increased health issue possibilities.
I appreciate your advice, I promise I do. And it is a lot to think about. Thanks so much for all the info you gave me

DinerosAunt is online now   Reply With Quote