Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 08-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
callmybluff

callmybluff is on a distinguished road
Toileting Indoors

I have a 15 month old male cocker spaniel who keeps urinating and defecating in the house when he's left alone. He gets let out/walked at regular intervals and is rarely left for long periods. He'll never have accidents when you are with him and knows to ask when he needs to go out to toilet.

I had a urine sample checked at the vet incase it was due to medical reasons but it's came back clear! He has been neutered. I'm not sure if it's separation anxiety as he doesn't display any other symptoms and doesn't appear overly anxious when you leave the house but clearly is behavioural since we've ruled out medical issues.

Please help! (I'm running out of kitchen roll!)

callmybluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
Tazsmom

Tazsmom is on a distinguished road

I would use crate training in this situation. If you crate train your dog it will be less likely to soil in the crate. It is a simple process and most dogs come to love there crate like a little den. I would try that and see how it goes. Good luck if you need help on crate training there is a great thread on it here in this forum.

Tazsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #3
williamwhitton

williamwhitton is on a distinguished road

Crate training is an option but I really hate using it.

Having Potty Training Troubles? Go get the guide that works at mydogfamily.com. Quick and Easy.

williamwhitton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
Diana122

Diana122 is on a distinguished road

I also hate crates. However, in my situation, I didn't have a choice, and I can tell it really helps in potty training. In my opinion the most important is to take the reasonably large pen, for example, I took this one, and I'm perfectly happy.

Diana122 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #5
tristaburgo

tristaburgo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmybluff View Post
I have a 15 month old male cocker spaniel who keeps urinating and defecating in the house when he's left alone. He gets let out/walked at regular intervals and is rarely left for long periods. He'll never have accidents when you are with him and knows to ask when he needs to go out to toilet.

I had a urine sample checked at the vet incase it was due to medical reasons but it's came back clear! He has been neutered. I'm not sure if it's separation anxiety as he doesn't display any other symptoms and doesn't appear overly anxious when you leave the house but clearly is behavioural since we've ruled out medical issues.

Please help! (I'm running out of kitchen roll!)
Our dog Teddy has serious separation anxiety from his daddy. She literally vibrates! We just started bringing her to a dog trainer who also walks her. It has helped a little.
tristaburgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #6
adamsNancy

adamsNancy is on a distinguished road

I can't really help but what I think is happening is that he doesn't have separation anxiety it's merely the fact the behavior of one's pet changes simply when he is being observed.

adamsNancy is online now   Reply With Quote