Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 06-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
nxbellaxt

nxbellaxt is on a distinguished road
Best food for my puppy

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the group as well as a new to the pup world. We got a boxer pup back in april. He has been on diamond puppy food (purple and pink bag). Our vet suggested switching him off diamond due to past recalls and suggested pro plan, science diet, ect, ect. I looked at some of the ingredients on pro plan and I'm not impressed at all. I have been researching for days. First I'd like to know, is grain free better for him? I know it does have a higher protein bc more meat in it, but ive heard it can be bad. I have considered 4health puppy food, eukanuba large breed puppy food and performatrin chicken and brown rice puppy food or their grain free puppy food. I recently checked out alpha dog food which seems great, but it's for all life stages. I'd rather keep him on puppy food for a year. I want to feed him a good food, but there are so many options out there!

nxbellaxt is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
Margot

Margot is on a distinguished road

I used to feed Pro Plan to my show dogs at times, no problems. A pretty good food is Blue. I would stick with grain free or at least one with no corn. I worry more about the protein in older dogs as it can stress the kidneys, however, it depends on the protein source. Some of the better foods cannot be bought at the large chain stores. I am currently trying a food calked Signature and am happy with it, so far. I get it from a privately owned pet store I have been going to for years.

Margot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #3
EmmaRoo

EmmaRoo is on a distinguished road

Check out VeRUS - they have great adult food so I'm very sure their puppy food is also great.

EmmaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:04 AM   #4
RuthEllison

RuthEllison is on a distinguished road

Grain free food is better, correctly said. There is no harm in it. And yes, there are many options out there, but you should always go for a reliable one because after all it is about our pup's health. You can even go for dog food suppliers like NYC dog food delivery, NYC bespoke dog food, Brooklyn dog food delivery and more. These suppliers know what breed needs what amount of food. So you can consult such suppliers. There are online food suppliers too, that show you their menu so that you can order dog meal online. You can check here and get a quick idea.

RuthEllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:00 AM   #5
Maistjarna

Maistjarna is on a distinguished road

You can try Taste Of The Wild or BARF.

Poslano z mojega SM-G800F z uporabo Tapatalk

Maistjarna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #6
AnnaO2016

AnnaO2016 is on a distinguished road

Try VeRUS. They're going to start making their large breed puppy food as grain free next month. The same for their life advantage formula for adult dogs. If you need more info, contact them thru their website. veruspetfoods.com

AnnaO2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:19 AM   #7
perriejinnie

perriejinnie is on a distinguished road

You should give right amount of food to your puppy otherwise sooner or later it will start showing you symptoms of poor diet. Read this article: How to give the right kind of nutrition to your puppy.

perriejinnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:15 AM   #8
jackreacher8

jackreacher8 is on a distinguished road

hi all, i have just got a new dog and im new to being a dog owner so i was wondering what kind of food or treats are the best for them

jackreacher8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #9
jackreacher8

found a pretty good treat for my dog today thought i should share it here
dog treats
my dog likes the marukan

Old 02-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #10
jackreacher8

i also like to feed my dog sidr honey its really good.