Dog Forum  

Go Back   Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com > >

Old 11-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #1
stom2978

stom2978 is on a distinguished road
8 week old puppy has explosive diarrhea

My fiance just bought me a 8 week old puppy for my birthday. The people he got him from did not give her the food they were feeding her so we have been feeding her one of our other dogs' food. She also has been going over to my fiance's mom's dog's food bowl (we're visiting) and his mom gave her fried chicken skin and a french fry last night. This morning she had explosive diarrhea, however, has been acting like her normal self and has been drinking water. They don't have an emergency vet near where we are and none of the local vets will be open tomorrow. I'm thinking that it's possibly a combination of changing food and what his mom has been feeding her and stress of being in a new environment, but thought I would ask for some other opinions.

stom2978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2017, 10:17 PM   #2
huskylove1995

huskylove1995 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stom2978 View Post
My fiance just bought me a 8 week old puppy for my birthday. The people he got him from did not give her the food they were feeding her so we have been feeding her one of our other dogs' food. She also has been going over to my fiance's mom's dog's food bowl (we're visiting) and his mom gave her fried chicken skin and a french fry last night. This morning she had explosive diarrhea, however, has been acting like her normal self and has been drinking water. They don't have an emergency vet near where we are and none of the local vets will be open tomorrow. I'm thinking that it's possibly a combination of changing food and what his mom has been feeding her and stress of being in a new environment, but thought I would ask for some other opinions.
It's very important to not change food on an 8 week old puppy. They have sensitive stomachs at that young of an age. I would say as long as he is acting normal and drinking water then you are fine just make sure to keep is food the same so his stomach doesn't have this issue :-):-):-)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
huskylove1995 is online now   Reply With Quote